Successful organizations rely upon great leadership. We believe that while every professional has the potential to become a strong leader in their workplace, not enough have the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitude to achieve success. By practicing personal and team-based leadership skills and addressing leadership challenges, leaders’ performance will improve, thus creating a positive ripple effect on their organizations.
TRG offers a 3-day Collaborative Leadership Course (CLC) for current or aspiring managers/supervisors to strengthen their leadership performance. We use a participatory learning methodology with a pronounced emphasis on practice of the concepts and skills introduced in the program.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify areas of strength and areas for improvement based on the 360 leadership assessment results;
- Increase appreciation and respect for diverse MBTI personality styles;
- Increase Emotional Intelligence practices to complement technical skills and capabilities to maximize contributions to the organization;
- Enhance core communication skills to strengthen leadership effectiveness;
- Support individual development and performance of others through work planning conversations and ongoing feedback adapted to the capabilities and motivations of others;
- Enhance team leadership skills to leverage diversity, build accountability and increase collaborative teamwork; and
- Formulate follow-through action plans for applying learnings and strategies.
At TRG, we believe that training should be conducted with a full appreciation of the learners’ goals and expectations. Rather than “forgetting about work,” you will be invited to “bring your work with you” by reflecting on your working style in the context of personal leadership practices, emotional intelligence, MBTI, communication skills, active listening, providing feedback, situational leadership, work planning conversations, and teamwork. Other program characteristics include:
- Low participant-to-trainer ratio ensuring ample individual attention.
- Repeated opportunities during the course to practice new skills and receive immediate feedback from the trainer and fellow participants.
- The use of a 360-degree feedback process whereby employees receive confidential, anonymous feedback from the people who work around them (their manager, peers, direct reports).
- Exploration of leadership journey case studies relevant to your field.
- Professional trainers with many years of experience teaching leadership skills in the public and private sectors.
The trainers who conduct this program are full time staff members of TRG who spend the majority of their time providing training and organizational development services for businesses and government organizations in the U.S. and around the world. Invariably, this work involves helping people develop the skills they need to help organizations succeed. Because TRG is an employee-owned firm, each trainer has a direct stake in assuring that the training program will meet your needs. Your trainer for the March 2017 delivery is course designer Jawara Lumumba.
The cost to participate in the Collaborative Leadership Course is $1,750.