Improving Organizational Performance
TRG provides products and services that help organizations improve performance and more successfully achieve their goals. Clients sometimes come to us asking for "training," and after exploring the issues we recommend a different approach to addressing organizational challenges. TRG uses a systematic approach to performance improvement that involves finding the root cause of a performance issue, and then applying an intervention that addresses the real problems. In order to perform well, people in organizations need:
- information in the form of clear job expectations, and clear and immediate performance feedback,
- an enabling physical environment including proper tools,
- incentives and motivation, occasionally, but not always involving money,
- organizational support through strategic direction, leadership, communication, well thought out job roles and responsibilities, and
- skills and knowledge on how to do the job.
After performance gaps and real causes are identified, interventions such as organizational development, work/job redesign, performance management, changes in staffing or organizational structure, training, communication strategies, policy changes, supply of essential equipment, feedback, and rewards and incentives can be selected and used to make a positive change in performance.
Our philosophy in performance consulting is to recognize that no one knows more about an organization than the people who work there. We have extensive experience in facilitating processes that identify solutions, and the commitment to implement those solutions from within the organization.
For the past 25 years, TRG has provided a full range of performance improvement services for clients in the U.S. and around the world. These include the following:
- Organizational Audits/Assessments
- Facilitation of Meetings, Retreats, and Conferences
- Participative Strategic Planning Processes
- Human Performance Technology Consulting
- Team Building and Team Development
- Executive Coaching
- Conflict Management
- Consensus Building and Negotiation
- Reorganization and Restructuring